Thursday, August 7, 2008

Creamy Ranch Pork



I found a recipe for Creamy Ranch Chicken on Stephanies Kitchen and it looked amazing. I had done enough chicken this week, so decided to use pork. I used 4 thin pork chops and cooked them the same as the chicken in this recipe. As I was making the sauce, I took the pork out and cut it into pieces. My sauce was more of a paste when it was done so I added some milk to thin it out and it made a great sauce! My hubby loved it and asked that I make it again! I had some leftovers, so I took them to work the next day. When I went to heat it up, I realized that I had left some corn in the fridge, so I added that on top and will do the same next time I make it!

Creamy Ranch Chicken
adapted from Better Homes and Garden's Quick and Easy Recipes
start to finish: 20 minutes
serves about 4

6 slices bacon
4 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves, cut into bite size pieces
2 tablespoons flour
2 tablespoons ranch dry salad dressing mix
1 1/4 cups milk
3 cups dried medium noodles(I used egg noodles)
1 tablespoon finely shredded Parmesan cheese

1. Start your water for your pasta. Cook noodles according to package directions.
2. Cut bacon into narrow strips. In a large skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until crisp. Drain bacon on paper towels; discard all but 2 tablespoons drippings.
3. In the same skillet, cook chicken in reserved drippings until no longer pink, turning to brown evenly. Sprinkle flour and salad dressing mix over chicken; stir well to coat the chicken. Stir in milk. Cook and stir until thickened and bubbly. Cook and stir 1 minute more. Stir in bacon.
4. Serve the chicken over the noodles. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Enjoy!

No comments: