Sunday, August 3, 2008

Biscuits N Gravy


Biscuits N Gravy is my husband's favorite breakfast of all time! When we first got married I had never tasted or heard of Biscuits N Gravy, so I had to call my mother-in-law and have her tell me how to make them. When she told me how to make the gravy, she told me to use 3 T. butter and 3 T. margarine so I have always made it that way, talk about clogging your arteries! My sister-in-law was asking me how to make them one day and I told her, but my mother-in-law stopped me and told me to only use butter or margarine. So for the past 3 years, I have been making the gravy wrong, but it's so good I won't stop! I try to make these as often as I can for my hubby, which is only about once a month, I guess I need to do better! I am also a slacker and am usually not "in the mood" or patient enough to make the biscuits from scratch, my good friend the Doughboy steps in to help. But if you want to, you can make THESE biscuits, thanks to my other friend Martha!

Now for the gravy:
(Makes about 3 cups)

3 Tablespoons butter or margarine
3 Tablespoons Flour
Salt and Pepper (I use alot)
2 1/2 cups milk

Melt butter, flour, salt and pepper. Bring to a boil. Then add the milk. Bring to a boil and cook for 1 minute. serve over biscuits.

Oh and if you have leftovers, you can feed them to your dog!

1 comment:

Prudy said...

Amber;
I did a whole post on grilled pizza this morning. It looks like you've got it conquered now. That BBQ pizza looks delicious!