Monday, November 2, 2009

Eatin Good

We have been eating good around my house lately! My husband is a meat lover so when I saw this recipe I knew I had to try it out! I have never cooked brisket before and was a little scared, but it was super easy! The brisket was super moist and juicy, I only wish I got a bigger brisket
(we fed 5 of us) so we could have more leftovers! I served the brisket with red potatoes that I boiled, cut in half, covered in cheddar cheese and bacon bits and heated until the cheese is melted-yummy!

Ingredients:

4 or 5 pound brisket

4 oz. liquid smoke

4 oz. Worcestershire

Garlic salt

Celery salt

Onion salt

1 cup of your favorite BBQ sauce


Method:

Place brisket in a large, shallow Pyrex.

Add the liquid smoke and Worcestershire sauce all over.

Rub brisket with lots of garlic salt, celery salt, and onion salt.

Refrigerate overnight.

Bake in a covered roaster at 325 degrees for 3 hours.

Add one cup of your favorite BBQ sauce and cook uncovered for 30 minutes.

Let cool 1 hour before slicing and serving


Some Tips:

I only marinated the brisket for 1 hour and it worked out great

Make sure you double line your pan with foil to make clean up easy!

And cook the meat in the marinade

If you live in Salt Lake, get your brisket from Sniders Bros. Meats on Highland Drive (they even seasoned the meat for me)! I learned that most stores have to order brisket for you, but they usually have it everyday.


No comments: