Sunday, October 25, 2009

Oven Ribs

I had some ribs in our freezer and decided to make them, except I didn't want to grill them. So I decided to cook them in the oven instead. I wasn't sure how long to cook them or what temperature so I Googled oven ribs. I found a couple recipes that I liked and combined them. I don't mean to toot my own horn but they were the best ribs I have ever had. They were really moist and the crust on them was great. I hope you try them, they are worth the time!


Oven Ribs

Rack of Ribs
1/4 cup Salt
1/4 cup Sugar
1 Tablespoon Paprika (more if you want, but taste it first)
1 Teaspoon Garlic Powder
BBQ Sauce

Mix the salt, sugar, paprika and garlic powder together. Coat ribs with the mixture, making sure it sticks to the ribs. Place in large pan (I just used a glass pan) and fill with 1 inch of water or halfway up the ribs. Cook at 250 degrees for 1 hour. Turn ribs and cook for another hour. Pour the liquid out of the pan and coat the ribs with as much BBQ sauce as you want. Cook at 400 degrees for 30 minutes and serve!

No comments: