Wednesday, December 24, 2008

The Perfect Sunday Roast

I love a Sunday Roast! There is nothing better than putting the roast in the crockpot, going to church and then walking back into your house and smelling the aroma that fills your entire house! And you can't beat putting everything in the crockpot and having dinner without doing any work! I have tried several recipes for roasts, but found my version the best! I had 2 friends that were talking about roasts one day and how they couldn't find a recipe they liked. One of my friends tried my roast recipe and loved it!

Sunday Roast

1 Roast (whatever size you need for your family or whatever size will fit in your crockpot)
1 bag of baby carrots
1 onion, quartered
5-6 Potatoes, cut into small pieces (or how ever many you can cram into the corners)
1 packet of Roast Seasoning (comes in a packet with a bag but I don't use the bag)
1 cup of water

Put the carrots, half of the potatoes and half of the onion pieces in your crockpot. Place the meat on top. Cram the rest of the potatoes and onions in around the roast. Mix the roast seasoning with the water and pour over the roast. Turn the crockpot on low and cook for 8 hours! You can cook it on high for 4 hours, but I really recommend that you cook it for 8 hours. It makes the meat more tender and it truly tastes better!

No comments: