Saturday, August 30, 2008

Ambers Tortilla Pie

It's not pretty, but it's darn good!


I have never had Tortilla Pie but have heard of it and wanted to try something different. I looked at several different recipes and liked different parts of them, so I combined them to make my own version! My recipe makes a 9 inch pie, which was way too much food for just the hubby and I! We each had 1 piece and were full!

Ambers Tortilla Pie

Ingredients:
1 pound ground beef
1 onion, chopped
1 can of green chilies
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 10 oz. package frozen corn
2 1/2 cups shredded cheddar Cheese
1 T. chili powder
Black Olives (as much or as little as you would like)
8 oz. Tomato Sauce
Tortillas

Brown the meat with the onion and garlic. Add the seasoning,olives, tomato sauce, corn and chilies and heat through. Cut the tortillas to fit your pan. Place a tortilla on the bottom of the pan and put a heaping amount of the meat mixture on the tortilla. Sprinkle with cheddar cheese. Repeat until at the top of the pan. For the last layer, I put a tortilla on the top and sprinkled with cheese. Cook for about 10 minutes at 350 degrees or until the cheese on the top is melted.

I stored the leftover pie in the fridge, but because of the liquid in the pie, the tortillas became soggy. Now I don't like soggy tortillas, so most of the pie was wasted. So either cut the recipe in half for your family or invite the Army over and feed them!

No comments: