Monday, March 10, 2014

Tag A Long Muddy Buddys

It's the most wonderful time of the year---Girl Scout Cookie Time! Okay, maybe not the most wonderful time but a pretty great one! I bought 8 boxes this year and still might need to buy a few more from the girl scouts in front of the grocery store, especially so I can keep making this recipe! A while back I made THESE cookies---Girl Scout Stuffed Chocolate Chip Cookies and they are still one of my favorite things to make with girl scout cookies. But I have a new addiction and they are muddy buddys! So yummy! I've had this idea bouncing in my head since I placed my cookie order and when I got my cookies today, I headed to the store so I could make these! They are quick, easy and addicting! Enjoy! 



7 cups of Plain Rice Chex Cereal
2 1/2 cups shortbread cookies (I used Lorna Doones), crushed
3/4 cup Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips
3/4 cup Peanut Butter Chips
1/2 cup unsalted butter
6 ounces Caramel Bits (found in a bag on the baking isle)
2 Tablespoons Heavy Cream
1 box of Tag A Long Girl Scout Cookies, crushed or roughly chopped
1 cup Powdered Sugar

1. Measure out the Chex Mix Cereal in a large bowl. 
2. In a medium saucepan over medium heat melt the semi sweet chocolate chips, peanut butter chips and the unsalted butter. Stirring frequently. 
3. Combine the caramel bits and the heavy cream in a microwave safe bowl. Heat in 30 second intervals, stirring in between until melted together. This took 1 minute for me. 
4. Pour the chocolate and peanut butter mixture and the caramel over the cereal and combine. Add the shortbread cookies and the Tag A Long cookies and stir to combine. 
5. Then finally add the powdered sugar. If 1 cup isn't enough to coat everything, add a little more! 


No comments: