Sunday, September 11, 2011

Disney Cars Cupcakes

My little boy just turned 2 and we celebrated with a Disney Cars birthday party. I found these cupcake ring toppers on Amazon and knew I wanted to use them for my cupcakes.


I used a box cupcake mix, homemade buttercream frosting tinted grey to look a road and green to look like grass. I piped the frosting on and then placed the ring topper on top. They were a huge hit at his party! I had several people asked me where I ordered them from!

I have to say that this is the best frosting that I have ever tasted before! I will be using this frosting recipe for everything from now on!


Buttercream Frosting
Adapted from My Baking Addiction

3 sticks unsalted butter, softened
2 teaspoons clear vanilla extract (this helps maintain the bright white color)
1 1/2 pounds (24 oz.) confectioners sugar, sifted
4-6 tablespoon heavy cream

In a large mixing bowl, cream the butter until fluffy. With the mixer on low speed, slowly add in confections sugar and continue beating until well blended. Add in vanilla and 3 tablespoons heavy cream. Blend on low speed until moistened. Add an additional 1-3 tablespoons of heavy cream until you reach the desired consistency. Beat at high speed until frosting is smooth and fluffy.

No comments: