Monday, July 4, 2011

4th of July Decorations

I went a little overboard decorating for the 4th of July, but I really just love this holiday! So here is how I made everything in case you want to make it too!

This is the full set up! The flag was painted by me on a white canvas. It still needs a white star on the blue part, but I will get to that another day.


These are my candy jars. I took Mason jars and spray painted the lids and then filled with red and white candy. I still need to add twine to these, but didn't have any!

This is a shadow box that I made. I used a printable (listed at the end of this post). The back of the frame is blue star paper cut to fit into the back of the frame and taped on (so I can swap this out for each season). Then I glued the white paper with lettering on and then took foam squares and mounted the flag on the white paper so it sticks up a little bit!


This is another printable that I just printed off and framed! The sparkler holder is a soup can with the label removed. I glued a piece of ribbon around it and threw the sparklers in! EASY!

This is my wreath. I got the idea from Landee See, Landee Do Blog. I took one of those straw wreaths and wrapped different ribbon around it and secured the ribbon with floral picks. The flags are another printable and are hung on twine, glued shut and then secured with floral picks on the back. And then I hung it with ribbon!

No comments: