Thursday, June 30, 2011

Black Bean and Corn Salsa

I guess that I'm on a side dish/BBQ kick and this is probably because it's hot and I'm not heating my kitchen up for dinner so we grill a lot! I have made this salsa 4 times since I made the recipe up and each time I make it, it gets devoured! If you really don't like beans, like my husband, I guess that you could leave them out but you really can't taste them! I also have to note that you are welcome to add as much or as little of things as you would like to this recipe. The heat level is different each time I make it because of how much spice I add to it! Happy BBQing!



Black Bean and Corn Salsa
Makes about 4 cups of salsa

2 cans of corn
2 cans of black beans
8 oz. mild chilies, diced
2 Tablespoons chopped cilantro
2 teaspoons cumin
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper
1 teaspoon garlic salt
1 cup chopped green onion
1 medium seeded tomato, chopped
1 red onion, chopped fine
1/2 cup lime juice

Combine all ingredients in a large bowl and chill for 4 hours. Serve with tortilla chips.

No comments: