Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Mini Oreo Fudge Creme Brownie Bites

I have loved Oreo Cookies ever since I was a little girl and now that I am "grown up" I have found the "grown up" Oreo Cookie-the Oreo Fudge Creme! It's an Oreo cookie, with the regular creme patty on it, covered in fudge creme and oh my, it is delicious! We have had a lot of them in the past few weeks!


I knew that these Oreos would be amazing in a brownie and I had a new mini cupcake pan to try out so I whipped up some mini brownie bites with cut up pieces of the Oreos in them! They are pretty much amazing and you should make them now! Right Now! Go!


Mini Oreo Fudge Creme Brownie Bites

1 Brownie Recipe (I listed my favorite one below)
1 cup of Oreo Fudge Creme cookies cut into small pieces
Frosting if desired

Make your brownie batter and gently fold in the Oreo pieces. Generously spray your muffin pan and fill 3/4 full of the batter. Cook according to brownie directions. Let cool (or not) then frost if desired!

** I tried this recipe with a homemade brownie recipe and a boxed brownie. You really need to make them with a homemade brownie recipe so the Oreos stay in chunks and don't melt. I'm not sure why but when I used a boxed brownie mix, the Oreos all melted into the brownie.

Brownie Recipe:
4 oz. unsweetened baking chocolate
1 cup unsalted butter
4 eggs
2 cups sugar
1 tsp vanilla
1 1/4 cup flour
1/2 tsp baking soda

Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Line a 9X13 pan with foil, making sure to extend the foil over the edges by an inch. Spray the foil with cooking spray and set aside.

Chop the chocolate and the butter into chunks and place in a microwave safe bowl. Microwave in 30 second intervals , stirring in between, until just melted and smooth. Set aside to cool, stirring occasionally.

Beat eggs, sugar and vanilla for 2 minutes. Measure out flour and baking soda and stir to combine. While mixer is running, slowly add the melted chocolate/butter mixture to combine. Turn mixer to slow and add in flour by big spoonfuls. Mix until just combined. Pour batter into prepared pan and and bake for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.

No comments: