Chocolate cupcake, layer of chocolate ganache, butter cream frosting and a chocolate dipped strawberry! Oh my goodness! What an amazing cupcake! I made these cupcakes for a coworkers baby shower and they did not disappoint! They were a little time consuming but worth it!
How To Make:
1 .Make a box of chocolate cupcakes and let cool (I actually made the cupcakes 1 day in advance).
2. Wash strawberries and dry them on a towel. Melt chocolate (about 1 cup) in the microwave and dip the strawberries. Place in the fridge to set.
3. Make the chocolate ganache by melting 3/4 cup butter and 8 oz. of good semi sweet chocolate chopped over medium heat. Remove from heat and add 1 1/2 Tablespoons Light Corn Syrup. Allow to cool slightly. Dip each cupcake in the ganache. Place in fridge to set.
4. Make the butter cream frosting.
16 oz. powdered sugar, 1/2 cup butter softened, 3 Tablespoons milk, 2 teaspoons vanilla.
Beat sugar, butter, milk and vanilla at low speed until well blended If frosting becomes too thick beat in additional milk by teaspoons until the frosting is of spreading consistency. Add food coloring if desired.
5. When the strawberries and ganache are set, pipe or spread the butter cream frosting on cupcake and gently place the strawberry on top and gently push the strawberry into the frosting so it sticks a little bit.
6. Place back in fridge until the strawberry is set in the frosting and serve!