Friday, April 23, 2010

Peanut Butter, Peanut Butter, Jelly, Jelly

Did you ever sing the Peanut Butter song in kindergarten? Well I did and it was my favorite! I think that is where my love for PB started! These cookies are filled with PB but no jelly, sorry! I don't really think jelly belongs in a cookie anyway! This is another recipe that I found on my friend Aprils Blog and stole. I made desserts for a baby shower Tuesday night and needed another cookie to make. These are darn good cookies and I love that they are PB Cookies with a twist, Toffee Chips!


Toffee Peanut Butter Cookies


1 cup all purpose flour
1/2 cup quick cooking oatmeal
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup butter, room temperature
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup white sugar
1 large egg
1 tsp vanilla extract
1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
1/2 cup finely chopped toffee bits (such as Heath)

Preheat oven to 375F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, oatmeal, baking soda and salt.
In a large bowl, cream together butter and sugars until light. Beat in egg and vanilla until smooth, followed by crunchy peanut butter. With the mixer on low speed or working by hand, gradually blend in the flour mixture, then stir in the toffee bits. Drop scant 1-inch balls onto prepared baking sheet.
Bake for 8 minutes, until edges are golden. Cool on baking sheet for 3-4 minutes, then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.

**The original recipe comes from Baking Bites, adapted by April, then adapted by me!

No comments: