Sunday, October 18, 2009

Mmmmm Good

Fall is here! It is one of my favorite times of the year because the leaves are changing colors, the air is crispy, I love wearing jackets, I love cuddling to keep warm and I love warm comfort food! And one of my favorite comfort foods is chili. Chili is such a simple dish but such a good one. This recipe is one that you can cook on the stove quick or you could put it in the crock pot for a few hours. I prefer the crock pot because your whole house will smell good and yummy! Happy Fall everyone!

1 pound ground beef
1 onion, chopped
1 (14.5 oz) can stewed tomatoes
1 (15 oz.) can tomato sauce
1 (15 oz.) can kidney beans
1 1/2 cups water
1 t. chili powder
1 t. garlic powder
Salt and Pepper to taste

  1. In a large saucepan over medium heat, combine the beef and onion and saute until meat is browned and onion is tender. Add the stewed tomatoes with juice, tomato sauce, beans and water.
  2. Season with the chili powder, garlic powder, salt and ground black pepper to taste. Bring to a boil, reduce heat to low, cover and let simmer for 15 minutes.
Crock Pot Way-
In a large saucepan over medium heat, combine the beef and onion and saute until meat is browned and onion is tender. Combine in crock pot with remaining ingredients and cook on high for 3 hours.





3 comments:

debbie said...

Is this the chili you made for a baby shower at TOSH? That was so yummy. I'm going to put it on my menu list this next week. :)

Amber said...

Yes it's the same chili!

debbie said...

Made the chili today. It was so easy to make and so good. :)