Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Sheet Pan Brownies or Cake?

I am back in the baking game here! I was asked to bring some brownies to a party over the weekend but didn't know exactly how many people were coming. So me being the worrier that I am found a recipe for sheet pan brownies and I made 2 of them! We only got through 1 sheet pan of brownies at the party, but I had 2 BBQs to attend over the weekend as well so I took the other sheet pan to those and not one was left!

When I found the recipe I thought that I would be making brownies, but they are actually more cake-like, but then they are kind of brownie like. So if you make them, you decide between cake or brownie! But just make them, because they're good!

*** Both recipes were doubled to make 2 sheet pans

Brownies:
1 Cup Sugar
1 Stick of Butter
4 Eggs
1/2 Teaspoon Salt
1 Teaspoon Vanilla
1 Cup Four
1 (16 oz. ) Can of Hershey's Syrup

Cream butter, sugar, eggs and vanilla. Stir in syrup, flour and salt. Beat until smooth. Spread on greased and floured 10"X15" cookie sheet. Bake at 375 degrees for 15-20 minutes.

Recipe from Cooks.com

Frosting:
6 Tablespoons butter, softened
2 2/3 Cups Powdered Sugar
1/2 Cup Cocoa
4-6 Tablespoons Milk
1 Teaspoon Vanilla

Beat butter in medium bowl. Add powdered sugar and cocoa alternately with milk, beating to spreading consistency. Stir in vanilla.

Recipe from Hershey's Best Loved Recipe Cookbook

No comments: