Monday, November 10, 2008

Chocolate Cheesecakes

It's calling your name...(insert your name here) Eat Me, Eat Me!!!


It's a good thing that all of my friends love cheesecake, I get to try so many different flavors and combinations! My friends birthday was last month, so in keeping with tradition of baking them a cheesecake I made mini cheesecakes! I have seen these mini graham cracker crumbs crusts made by Keebler and decided to use them. I used the same recipe for my Cheesecake Nibbles found HERE , but I used the pre-made crusts instead of making my own. For the chocolate layer on top of the cheesecakes I used a chocolate ganache recipe. These were so easy to make and make a great gift!

Chocolate Ganache:

½ Cup semi sweet chocolate chips
2 Tablespoons heavy cream

Place chocolate chips into a microwave safe bowl and heat in 30 second intervals until melted and smooth. Stir in heavy cream until shiny and smooth. Spoon ganache over each cheesecake.

P.S. If you make these cheesecakes, give them to your friend and find out that she can't eat chocolate because she's breastfeeding and chocolate upsets her baby, she can just peel the chocolate layer off and give it to her husband!

No comments: