Monday, September 29, 2008

Homemade Frozen Waffles


I love waffles on the weekends, but hate getting up to make them. I have to admit that my hubby has had more Eggos than homemade. So I decided to make a batch of homemade waffles and freeze them. That way, I can sleep in yet still eat homemade waffles! I got the recipe from
Solid Gold Cooking. After you cook the waffles, let them cool completely and then put in freezer bags. To reheat them, place them in your toaster oven and enjoy waffles!


3 eggs, separated
1 cup milk
1/2 cup oil
1 cup flour (wheat or white)
1/2 tsp salt
2 tsp baking powder

Beat whites until light and fluffy and soft peaks form. Combine wet ingredients. Combine dry ingredients, then combine with wet. VERY GENTLY fold in whites. Cook on hot waffle iron.

No comments: