Sunday, April 27, 2008

Lemon Cupcakes




I have to admit that I am not a huge fan of lemon flavored things, but I'm working on it. I threw a birthday party for my best friend and wanted something light for dessert. I found this recipe on Kraft and the picture of the cupcakes sucked me in and I had to make them. The frosting was a little thin so I let it sit in the fridge for an hour and it firmed up a bit. They were light and the lemon flavor was subtle, not overdone which I liked. These will be made all throughout summer!


1 pkg. (2-layer size) white cake mix
1 pkg. (4-serving) Jell-O Lemon Flavor Instant Pudding & Pie Filling
1 cup water
4 egg whites
2 Tbsp. oil
1 pkg. (16 oz.) powdered sugar
1 pkg. (8 oz.) Philadelphia Cream Cheese, softened
1/4 cup (1/2 stick) butter, softened
2 Tbsp. lemon juice



Preheat oven to 350ºF. Beat cake mix, dry pudding mix, water, egg whites and oil in large bowl with electric mixer on low speed until moistened. (Batter will be thick.) Beat on medium speed 2 min. Spoon batter evenly into 24 paper-lined 2-1/2-inch muffin cups.
Bake 21 to 24 min. or until wooden toothpick inserted in centers comes out clean. Cool in pans 10 min.; remove to wire racks. Cool completely. Meanwhile, beat sugar, cream cheese, butter and juice with electric mixer on low speed until well blended. Frost cupcakes.

No comments: