Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Christmas Craft



Before Christmas last year my sister and I went to Tai Pan to look at their decorations. We found a cute sign made with tags. It was $50 and I started thinking that I could make it for half that price. So I went to a craft store and purchased a shadow box frame. I took the back panel of the frame and wrapped it in silver wrapping paper. Then I spelled out the saying with rub-on letters and tied some cute ribbon on the tops of the tags. The white snowflakes are ornaments and I placed some bells in the corner of the frame. I got tons of compliments on the sign and everyone loved it. It ended up costing me about the same price as the original sign at Tai Pan (the rub-on letters were expensive even with a coupon because we had to buy 3 packs to spell out the saying). My intention is to swap out the decor for each season, but I haven't done that yet.

No comments: